Friday, March 11, 2011

God is working!

It was our last Bible teaching class of this term. I have to admit, I feel a bit sad, the girls have crept into my heart with their typical Gr. 8 vibrancy and being inquisitive!
Normally they ask me loads of questions regarding evolution and do we really come from apes etc, and I still steer a bit clear of that subject - I have to do LOTS of studying before I can teach about that, Jurie is awesome with this topic being very apologetic, but eish...not my scene!
But I felt this week to share with them what God is busy sharing with me: Faith Confessions.  What are we saying? What do we fill our hearts and minds with and then speak?
I haven't been talking for 10 minutes, when I saw one of the girls are wiping away tears.  At first I thought, no, maybe she has something in her eye?  But afterwards she couldn't get to me quick enough to chat!
What a beautiful girl! She is a natural beauty, but you can see she has the Spirit in her, and she shines!
But I had the opportunity to really minister to her.  The enemy has come to steal from her, and she didn't know how to "retaliate". And just there on the lawn, we gave her some advise, prayed for her and as soon as I got home I sms'ed some Scriptures. Hopefully she'll come to join us at our Lifegroup or youth events on Fridays!

I feel so privileged that God trust me with these amazing, wonderful, beautiful girls.  Even when they are not part of Kruislig, they still want the Living Water.
I still can't believe that I doubted whether we really have to be here and work with the youth...the need is sooooo big!  I wish I could cut myself in 3 pieces to go and do the work at once :) And that is exactly why we need to disciple people and empower them to go and do the same!

God, You are awesome!!!



1 comment:

  1. Heartwarming to hear this wonderful story!! Remember, this is the year of "abundance"...

    ReplyDelete