Friday, March 11, 2011

FiRsT LiFeGrOuP


This past Wednesday was our first official get-together with our youth. (for the moment there is a couple of young adults also joining us, but hey, the more the merrier!)
We send out an sms to say come one come all (and bring a friend or two) and they really surpassed my wildest expectations! We were a full ELEVEN! (and for me that is awesome, because we only have 5 youth in our church...)

But the one, most amazing, thing for me that I want to share, is the fact that 3 girls commited their life to Christ! So I know there was definitely one big party in heaven! When I drove back after dropping them off at the hostel, I thought in my heart: we may not have lots of money, but we have SOULS!
So now they are being discipled and I want to say WATCH THIS SPACE! :)

Please pray with us: we want the youth to really grow in their walk with Christ, to know and understand God's amazing love for them and to discern the Truth (and not live according to the lies in this world).
I read Colossians 1 yesterday, and what the writer prayed for the church there, I really want to pray over the youth:
1. that they may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;
2. that they may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him , being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;
3. strengthened in all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy;
4. giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints.

In just a short time span with our amazing peeps, i have picked up on alot of hurt and uncertainty. I'm trusting God for major spiritual breakthroughs!

(we'll upload a picture shortly!)

No comments:

Post a Comment