Thursday, January 27, 2011

MY FIRST BIBLE CLASS

This one needs a bit of background.

Just yesterday 26/01/11, I (Jurie) met with Adrie Jacobs.  Now she organises the bible classes for the school.  She said that because I do not have a degree in theology that I might struggle to get in to minister to the kids of Rusties.

It just so happened that she said that I need to be there today 27/01/11 to get to know all the other youth ministers of the school, and it just so happened that one of the ministers did not arrive for his class.  Adrie turned to me and asked if I can take his class.
Without any preparation, Lilli and myself needed to speak to 60 gr 8 kids.  What should we say, what should we do.  The only thing that I knew what to do, is to talk about my testimony.
It went extremely well.  Just as Jesus said in Matt 28:17-19: that all authority has been given to Him and that we need to make disciples of the nations...., He opened up a space, where there was none, for Lilli and myself to minister to kids for the very first time in Rustenburg.
I pray that this will be the first of many opportunities to be able to share the good news with the kids.

What did I say to them you might ask?
I said at the end that God is love, and he loves you, even when you might think that you are a "loser", He doesn't.
That it is never to young to start to know Him.
Do not let the world get you under because of lies about you. John 8:32 says that truth shall set you free.  And the truth is:
GOD LOVES YOU.

2 comments:

  1. SOOO proud of you two! The Holy Spirit spoke through you, because you are willing to be led by Him. God bless you in this wonderful ministry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, that's so nice to read! Blessings for both of you!
    Love, Esther (netherlands)

    ReplyDelete