Thursday, December 9, 2010

c A m P 3D


artwork on our shirts


This was week of quite a lot of "lasts":

Last holiday camp

Last time we went to Easter Kloof (and my very first time)

Last time we felt we need to pry our eyes open with match sticks from exhaustion!


BUT


It was worth it!


This camp's theme was Camp 3D. Going from 2D to 3D. Sort of saying life without God is 2D and with Him is 3 dimensional.

Our theme verse was Eph 3:17-19:

...so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

And just because I can, here's the Amplified Version:

May Christ through your faith [actually] dwell (settle down, abide, make His permanent home) in your hearts! May you be rooted deep in love and founded securely on love,

That you may have the power and be strong to apprehend and grasp with all the saints [God's devoted people, the experience of that love] what is the breadth and length and height and depth [of it];

[That you may really come] to know [practically, through experience for yourselves] the love of Christ, which far surpasses mere knowledge [without experience]; that you may be filled [through all your being] unto all the fullness of God [may have the richest measure of the divine Presence, and become a body wholly filled and flooded with God Himself]!


I think personally it was a blessing just to watch these kids being kids in a safe environment surrounded by a bunch of people who loves spending time with kids.

Coming from another ministry where I also did holiday camps, I loved how different Kloofwaters did theirs. The kids basically put together their own activities, from beading to bumsliding to rock buddies to poetry slam...name it! Of course I have learned that holiday camps have one BIG thing going on: FOUR SQUARE!!!

Easter Kloof was sooo much fun. It has an amazing natural slide in one place with a little waterfall. I don't know who had more fun, the leaders or the kids? (According to the pictures, the kids' faces had a little “i am scared” look to the it, the leaders had the look of “wooooohoooo, oooooooh yeah!!!”)


I know I have only been part of Kloofwaters for a little while, but I'm really sad to go. This place has the tendency to knit itself to your heart, and it was after all the place where Jurie and I met.

(On our last day, the said a goodbye prayer for us, where everyone laid hands on us, kids as well. And as I walked out, everyone kept on giving me hugs and the more hugs I got, the more tears I shed!! The chapel might be small, but believe me people, it was a long walk to freedom).


One more camp to go, but it will be a lot different from Holiday Camp as it is only semi programmed and we only brief activities, not debrief. i.e. we will only be explaining the activity itself and leave the actual talks to the leaders who will come with the camp.


Last bit of information:

Megan (one of my friends from my SCAS/gap year) is following in Jurie's shoes. The long and short of it is that she was looking for a new job. Jurie's job was available. Jurie suggested that she applied. We left it up to Dad. She got the job.

I'm excited to see what Megan can bring to Kloofwaters. This little English lady is someone with a heart of gold and an iron side which you don't mess with. She's amazing with kids and I know that Dad will do great things through her.

We'll be praying for you Meg! You are MORE than able to do it!


1 comment:

  1. Old age: one tends to get emotional veeerrrryyy easily... like just reading this!! By the way, what does "four square" mean??

    ReplyDelete